Have you been involved in a car accident in Fort Myers, Florida? Whether it occurred on I-75 o Colonial Boulevard, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll it can take on you. The pain from your injuries and the financial burdens can all make it challenging to go through this ordeal alone. That’s why you need a team of experienced Fort Myers car accident lawyers on your side from the very start.
At Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys, PA, we have extensive experience handling personal injury cases related to car accidents in Fort Myers, and we are here to support you through your recovery process. We believe you deserve a law firm that will fight for your rights and help you obtain maximum compensation after an injury accident.
When you choose Attorney Prosper Shaked, you can trust that he will work tirelessly to investigate the details of your Fort Myers car accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf.
You don’t have to face this challenging time alone. Contact our dedicated Fort Myers car accident attorneys today for a free consultation. Let us provide you with the support and legal representation you need to confidently move forward on your road to recovery.
Why Choose Our Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyers?
When it comes to car accidents, choosing the right attorney can significantly impact the outcome of your case. At our firm, we have a proven track record of success and are confident that we are the ideal choice for you.
Over the years, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients who have suffered injuries in car accidents. Our approach involves taking the time to get to know our clients and listening attentively to their stories. With our Fort Myers car accident attorneys by your side, you can rest assured that we will fight to protect your rights and secure the compensation you rightfully deserve.
We understand that your primary focus should be on your recovery and well-being. That’s why we want you to let us handle the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on healing. Our team will work tirelessly to gather crucial evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts, and diligently prepare your case.
What sets us apart is the local advantage of our award-winning attorney, Prosper Shaked, who was born and raised in South Florida. This local knowledge gives us a winning edge over larger national competitors.
Here are just a few reasons why choosing Prosper Shaked and our team is a wise decision:
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- U.S. News Best Lawyers Ones to Watch
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Superb 10 rating by Avvo
- Outstanding Client Testimonials
What Types of Car Accident Cases Do We Handle?
Car accident cases can be incredibly complex, and many factors are involved. From determining liability and assessing damages to navigating insurance claims and negotiating settlements, these cases require in-depth legal knowledge and expertise.
At Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys, PA, we handle all car accident cases in Fort Myers, Florida. Our experienced team of attorneys has the resources and experience needed to tackle even the toughest car accident case.
Types of car accidents we handle:
- Rear-end collisions
- Intersection accidents
- T-bone or side-impact collisions
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Rollover accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents involving cars
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents involving cars
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Fort Myers
Car accidents can occur due to various factors, many of which can be attributed to human error or negligence. Here are some of the most common causes of car accidents in Fort Myers.
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of accidents, distracted driving occurs when a driver’s attention is diverted from the road. This can include texting, talking on the phone, eating, or using in-car technologies. According to the NHTSA, 3,142 deaths were caused by distracted driving in one recent year.
- Speeding: Higher speeds reduce the driver’s ability to react to unexpected situations, increase stopping distances, and amplify the severity of injuries in the event of a collision. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding was a factor in approximately 26% of all traffic fatalities yearly.
- Drunk Driving: Impaired drivers have compromised judgment, reduced reaction times, and impaired coordination, significantly increasing the risk of accidents. On average, there was one alcohol-impaired driving fatality every 52 minutes.
- Reckless Driving: Engaging in aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, frequent lane changes, running red lights, or disregarding traffic rules puts the driver and others on the road in danger.
- Fatigue: Driving while fatigued or drowsy can impair a driver’s ability to stay focused and react quickly. Falling asleep behind the wheel or experiencing momentary lapses in attention can lead to catastrophic accidents. It is estimated to be a contributing factor in around 21% of fatal crashes in the United States, according to the National Sleep Foundation.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, or high winds can make driving challenging. Reduced visibility, slippery roads, and poor traction can contribute to accidents if drivers fail to adjust their speed and driving behavior accordingly.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws: Disregarding traffic signs and signals, improper lane changes, illegal turns, and failure to yield the right of way are all common causes of car accidents. Failing to follow basic traffic laws and regulations increases the risk of collisions and endangers the safety of everyone on the road.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
Determining the exact worth of a car accident case can be challenging as it depends on various factors specific to the incident and the resulting damages. The severity of your injuries, the extent of your medical expenses, and any lost wages or earning capacity will significantly affect the amount of money you may receive after a car crash. The cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle and compensation for pain and suffering will also be considered.
Comparative fault, insurance coverage, and the quality of your legal representation can further impact the value of your case. Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. If you are found to be 50% or more at fault for the car accident, you are barred from recovering any compensation from the other party/parties involved. However, if you are less than 50% at fault, you can still seek compensation, but it will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
For example, if you were involved in a car accident and suffered $10,000 in damages but were found to be 20% at fault for the accident, your recoverable compensation would be reduced by 20%, resulting in $8,000.
To determine how much your car accident case is worth, speak to an experienced car accident lawyer at our law firm. We offer free consultations to make it easy to get answers to your questions. Once we learn more about your accident and your injuries, we can give you a better idea of how much your specific case is worth.
After a car accident, you may be eligible to seek various types of compensation to cover your damages and losses. This includes:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Loss of future earnings
- Future medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- PTSD or emotional distress
Where Do Car Accidents Occur in Fort Myers?
Fort Myers, Florida, is a vibrant city that attracts tourists from around the world. Renowned for its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and cultural attractions, Fort Myers has become a popular destination for travelers seeking both relaxation and adventure. However, with increased tourism comes traffic congestion, and unfortunately, accidents can occur. The city’s bustling roadways, such as Interstate 75 and U.S. Route 41, experience heavy traffic volumes, particularly during peak seasons.
In Fort Myers, Florida, some of the roads where car accidents commonly occur include:
- Interstate 75 (I-75): This major highway runs through Fort Myers and is prone to accidents due to its heavy traffic volume.
- U.S. Route 41 (Tamiami Trail): As a major north-south highway, accidents can happen on this road, particularly at intersections and during peak traffic hours.
- State Road 82 (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard): This east-west road connects Fort Myers to Lehigh Acres and is known for its higher speed limits, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Colonial Boulevard: This busy road sees a significant amount of traffic, especially during rush hours, which can lead to accidents, particularly at intersections and during lane changes.
- McGregor Boulevard: Running along the Caloosahatchee River and passing through residential areas, this scenic road is prone to accidents due to its curves and varying speeds.
- Del Prado Boulevard: Located near Cape Coral, this road is known for heavy traffic and accidents, especially at intersections and during congested periods.
- Cleveland Avenue (U.S. Route 41): Another major road in Fort Myers, accidents can occur due to high traffic volumes, multiple lanes, and various businesses and establishments along its stretch.
How Much Will Your Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Many injured accident victims in Fort Myers worry about the cost of hiring a car accident lawyer. However, it’s important to understand that reputable car accident attorneys often work on a contingency basis. At Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys, PA, our Fort Myers car accident attorneys work on a contingency basis to better serve you. Here’s what this means and how it can benefit you:
- No Upfront Fees: When our lawyers work on a contingency basis, they don’t require any upfront payment or retainer fees. You won’t have to pay them out of pocket at the beginning of your case.
- Payment Only If You Win: Under a contingency fee agreement, our law firm’s payment is contingent upon the successful resolution of your case. This typically means we will only receive a payment if we secure a favorable settlement or win a verdict at trial on your behalf.
- Percentage-Based Fee: If your case is successful, our attorney will receive a percentage of the compensation you recover. This fee is usually agreed upon and outlined in the contingency fee agreement.
- Risk-Free Representation: Working on a contingency basis allows injured accident victims to pursue legal action without worrying about the financial burden.
Discussing the contingency fee arrangement with your car accident attorney during your initial consultation is important. We will explain our fee structure, answer any questions, and clarify how the payment process works. This allows you to focus on your case without the additional stress of upfront legal fees and provides access to legal representation regardless of your financial situation.
Contact Our Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you or someone you love suffered an injury in a car accident in Fort Myers, you are not alone. Our car accident attorneys are here to guide you through the next steps, so you can focus on your recovery and rebuilding your life after a crash. We can help you through the legal process and get you the compensation you deserve.
Reach out to us for a free consultation, where we can discuss your case in detail, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance you need to make informed decisions. Call our office today and schedule your free, confidential consultation. Our phone number is (305) 694-2676.