Skip to Content
Home » Miami Personal Injury Lawyer for Non-Citizens

In the United States, each county has a state court that can hear cases for personal injury and other harms committed in that county. The right to sue in these courts is based on your physical presence in the county and the fact that the injury took place in that state and in that county. Whether you are a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, someone who is in this country on vacation or on a trip, or someone who is in this country illegally, you should still have the right to file a lawsuit in a court in Florida if you were seriously injured here.

For help filing your lawsuit and getting the compensation you deserve, contact Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys PA today. Prosper Shaked, our Miami personal injury lawyer for non-citizens, can help you take the parties who harmed you to court and work to get you compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For a free legal consultation, call our law offices today at (305) 694-2676.

Suing in the U.S. if You are Not a U.S. Citizen

Non-citizens still have the right to access the courts and have all proper legal processes and procedures followed while they are in the United States. Whether you are arrested for a crime, the victim of a serious accident, or financially harmed in a business transaction, the courts in Miami and throughout the United States should be open to you.

When you face serious injuries in an accident, Florida law allows you to take the person who hurt you to court to get compensation from them. The responsible party does not need to be someone who directly injured you, but someone who caused an accident by being dangerous or careless can also be held responsible for your injuries.

Any time you are injured in an accident, you should get immediate medical attention by calling 9-1-1. If a police officer responds to make an accident report, they may be able to provide you with information about the accident later. Police commonly respond to cases involving car accidents or traumatic accidents in public places.

If you are injured because of a defective product, dangerous medical treatment, or other harms, get immediate medical attention and save any evidence related to the injury, such as the product that injured you, medical records, and evidence of who was responsible. If you were injured at work, you may still be entitled to file a lawsuit against your employer or a coworker who injured you, even if you are working in the United States illegally.

Talk to an attorney for help deciding what to do next after an injury. In many cases, you can bring your lawsuit in a Miami court even if you are in the U.S. illegally or your visa has expired. Our attorneys can help you decide what steps to take next to get the compensation you need for your injuries.

Common Types of Personal Injuries and Accidents

If you were injured in any type of accident where someone else might have been responsible, you can usually file a lawsuit for compensation. An experienced Miami personal injury lawyer can examine your case and determine whom to sue and how they should be held liable. The only step you need to take is to recognize when your case might fall into one of the common types of personal injury cases you can sue for, then contact an attorney to get your case started. The following are all common examples of the types of personal injury cases we handle:

Car Accidents

Driving accidents occur nearly every day in Florida. Many of them are not severe, but if you suffered serious injuries because of someone else’s dangerous driving, you could be entitled to damages for the damage to your car, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Medical Malpractice

If you underwent medical care in the Miami-Dade County area and you suffered harm because your doctor made surgical mistakes or committed other errors in your treatment, you could be entitled to compensation.

Product Injury Cases

If you were injured by a product that you purchased in Florida or that was manufactured in Florida, you may be entitled to sue the manufacturer for injuries you sustained because the product was defective. Even if you live outside the United States, you may be able to sue in a Florida court.

Workplace Accidents

Many workers are not properly trained or equipped for their jobs. Especially if you are from another country and do not speak English well, you may not have been properly trained at work in a language you understand, which can lead to serious on-the-job injuries. For help with your work injury case, contact our personal injury lawyer today.

Wrongful Death

If a loved one was killed in an accident or died because of neglect or mistreatment, you may be able to sue in a Florida court. If your loved one died in Miami, you may be able to file your lawsuit in the appropriate local courts even if you live in another state or outside the country.

Call Our Miami Personal Injury Lawyer for Immigrants and Tourists

If you are in the United States, but you are not a U.S. Citizen, you may still be able to sue for serious injuries sustained in an accident or other dangerous situation. Contact Prosper Shaked, our Miami personal injury lawyer for non-citizens, to discuss your claim today. To schedule your free consultation, call Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys PA at (305) 694-2676.