If you got hurt while staying at a Hilton Hotel and Resort, you must immediately contact a Miami hotel injury lawyer. Hotel chains like Hilton employ large legal teams to fight injury claims. Their main goal is to pay you as little as possible. However, hotel injuries can cause a lifetime of disability, pain, and suffering. That’s why you need a lawyer in your corner who can fight for you during this time.
But what do you do after you suffer an injury while staying at a Hilton Hotel and Resort in Miami? The steps you take can significantly impact your ability to file a claim and collect the compensation you need – and deserve.
Steps to Take After a Hilton Hotel & Resort Injury Accident
As a Miami Hilton Hotel & Resort guest, you expect a certain level of safety and service from the staff and property owners. Florida law also expect this. According to state law, hotel property owners owe their guests a duty of care to ensure their safety while on the premises. When hotels fail in this duty and act negligently, they can bear liability for the harm their guests suffer.
This is known as premises liability, a highly complex area of law. As such, one of the most critical steps after suffering an injury at a Hilton is to contact an experienced hotel injury lawyer to gather evidence and build your case. However, until you can reach out to an attorney, here are some steps you can take to help your personal injury case.
Step One: Seek Medical Care
If you have been injured in an accident at a Hilton Hotel & Resort, you must seek medical care as soon as possible. Your health is of primary concern after suffering an injury. Prompt medical care is the key to a faster recovery. Depending on your injuries, you might need to go to the emergency room or schedule an appointment with your primary care physician.
It is equally important to follow your doctor’s treatment plan precisely after suffering a hotel injury. Hotel chains, like Hilton, will look to show that you are not as injured as you claim. If you miss physical therapy sessions or fail to book follow-up appointments, this can go against you when building your injury case.
Step Two: File an Incident Report With Hotel Management
Filing an incident report with Hilton Hotel & Resort management is a critical step to take after suffering an injury on hotel property. An incident report is a formal document that details the circumstances surrounding the incident and any injuries or damages that occurred.
Why do you need to file an incident report?
- It creates a record of the incident: Filing an incident report creates a written record of the incident, which can be used as evidence in any legal or insurance claims.
- It helps the hotel take corrective action: By reporting the incident, Hilton hotel management can take steps to address the issue and prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.
- It helps the hotel to communicate with the relevant authorities and insurance company adjusters: An incident report can help the hotel communicate with the police and insurance company adjusters.
A hotel injury incident report should be filled out quickly after the incident occur, ideally within 24 hours. It is also important to keep a copy of the incident report for your own records and to give to your Miami hotel injury attorney.
Step Three: Gather Evidence
Evidence is a critical component of any personal injury case. Premises liability cases are no different. Hotel management and staff can lose or destroy valuable evidence if you don’t act quickly. If your injuries are too severe to gather evidence on your own, contact a lawyer who will do this for you.
Some types of evidence that are beneficial to your case include the following:
- Photos or videos of the scene: Take photos or videos of the area where the incident occurred, including any hazards or defects that may have contributed to the incident.
- Witnesses: Try to get contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, as they may be able to provide valuable testimony.
- Medical records: Be sure to keep copies of all medical records related to your injury, including any diagnoses, treatments, and bills.
- Incidence Report: Keep a copy of the report you filed with the hotel management,
- Correspondence: Keep a record of any correspondence you have with the hotel management, insurance company or their attorneys.
- Video Surveillance: Your attorney will want to request copies of the hotel’s video surveillance footage. This can show how your accident occurred and will help your legal team prove liability.
What Type of Injury Accidents Can Occur at a Hilton?
Hilton Hotel & Resorts in Miami pride themselves on offering comfortable and safe accommodations that feel like luxurious getaways. Yet, despite their beautiful pools and amenities, serious accidents and injuries often occur when hotel staff, other guests, and property owners are negligent.
Some of the most common types of injury accidents at hotels include:
- Bedbugs and other bug infestations
- Pool accidents like slip and falls, drownings, and head injuries
- Sexual assaults
- Slip and fall accidents due to defective stairs, torn carpeting, or slippery floors
- Gym accidents due to faulty or broken equipment
- Assault or battery due to negligent security
Contact Our Miami Hotel Injury Lawyers Today
If you suffered an injury in an accident at the Hilton Miami Downtown, the Hilton Cabana in Miami Beach, the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon, or any Hilton Hotel & Resorts in Miami, you need to hire a Miami hotel injury lawyer to represent you. Hotels like Hilton work diligently to protect their bottom lines. They don’t want to pay injured hotel guests what they need – and deserve. They may even deny their responsibility for your accident altogether. That’s why you need someone who will fight for you and your future after suffering an injury in an accident at a Hilton.
Miami injury attorney, Prosper Shaked, works quickly to help injured Miami hotel accident victims and their families obtain compensation for their injuries after suffering in a hotel, motel, VRBO, Airbnb, or other vacation property. For a free consultation on your case and help understanding your legal options, call Prosper Shaked Accident Injury Attorneys PA today at (305) 694-2676 or fill out our confidential contact form.